Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Presentation.

Never underestimate presentation! I bought a couple nice ring boxes yesterday and placed my higher-end items inside. The small investment in boxes was enough to give all the pieces a finished look! Take a look:




The difference is pretty stunning. When I put the pieces in their boxes I was amazed the difference of opening up a nice box and seeing the piece showcased vs keeping it in a cardbaord box. I could definitely take my pieces around now and be taken more seriously than before.

This last ring I just sold on etsy! So glad I had the boxes ready to go so I can ship it out tomorrow. It is really one of my favorite items, its probably good I made it too big for me or I would be reluctant to sell it!

How about you folks: anyone you suprised the first time you saw your work in a gift box or framed? What point to do feel like your work is "done"? What gives you the feeling of completion?

2 comments:

  1. Just think how many hundreds of millions (or may be billions nowadays) corporate giants spent on marketing research for their product packaging/name branding. Sadly, our mainstream society is attracted to "the curb appeal". Grocers tossed out perfectly good produces because of a few bruises or wilted leaves.

    When I started to stage my project photos while learning/playing with new photography skills, I noticed my viewers increased too. Personally, I will definitely draw to something professionally presented listing over those aren't. It reflects to the maker's characteristics and work style/ethnics--his/her attention to details. To me, it says a lot. Your creative pieces are beautiful. Great designs and awesome pesentation. Well done :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! you know, when I lived in Japan I found the "discount fruit shop." It was the bruised stuff, to the strawberries that werent quite perfectly shaped. I bought it anyway, and the lady always gave me extras. My host family thought i was crazy to eat damaged fruit, but it still tasted as good. AND I was able to afford serving them strawberry shortcake for the first time.

    Gosh, now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete